Thank you for considering me as a potential artist to paint a commission piece for you.
A commission painting is a very special, unique and personal piece. Some folk know exactly what they want, others need a little guidance in deciding the composition of the image they want and I am more than happy to work through your ideas with you to create your perfect piece.
I work from photos, the better the quality and resolution of these images the better the detail in the painting. But sometimes this is not possible and I am able to work from old photos and add a little ‘artistic license’ if needed. I also love to hear all about their character and personality as this really helps me to capture the spirit and essence of the subject(s).
How it works
- Contact me either by Email or Facebook Message.
- We then discuss what you want, exchange photos, and together we will come up with a plan, which I will sketch up and forward an image to you.
- Once you are happy with the general placement we will negotiate dimensions, medium, price and shipping costs. Shipping costs vary considerably depending on size and destination and needs to be discussed and incorporated into the overall price or quote.
- Once we agree upon size, medium and price a 20% non-refundable deposit will need to be paid prior to the commencement of the painting.
- I will send you update images of progress and I really appreciate any and all of your feedback, as a fresh set of eyes you may pick up things that are not quite right and need changing.
- Final payment is made once you are completely satisfied with the image I send you. Payment by PayPal, Bank Transfer, Money Orders and Bank Cheques are all accepted. Once paid in full I will send the painting to you.
Quotes are valid for 3 months from the date of the negotiation and I will provide a written quote in email form.
The prices are a guide as the price will depend on the complexity of the painting, size and medium used. There are so many different sized canvases available, it would be impossible to price each one, so this should give you a rough idea of prices.
Graphite Pencil Drawing
|A4 (210x297mm) (8”x12”)||$290 AUD|
|A3 (297x420mm) (12”x16.5”)||$420 AUD|
Anything larger can be negotiated.
|A3 (297x420mm) (12”x16.5”)||$650 AUD|
|A2 (420x594mm) (16.5”x23.5”)||$950 AUD|
|A1 (594x841mm) (23.5×33”)||$1900 AUD|
I use only Gallery/Museum quality canvases and canvas boards, my mediums are all top of the range Professional Artists Materials so to ensure you receive a top quality product that WILL stand the test of time.
There is no matting or framing included in any of my pricings.